- if you register with us to book a yacht for charter through our Digital Media, our Ahoy Service Terms for Charterers; and/or
- if you register with us to list a yacht for charter through our Digital Media, our Ahoy Service Terms for Owners.
We believe it is important to protect the privacy of personal information. We detail below how we collect personal information about you when you download or stream a copy of our App or use our Website and how we will obtain your consent to do this.
Steps we take to protect your personal information
As part of the registration process, we will ask your title, full name, address, date of birth, telephone number and e-mail address. We will use this e-mail address to obtain your consent to the processing of your personal information, provide confirmations of orders or purchases on the Digital Media or provide security notifications.
If we collect personal information about you through the use of our Digital Media we will only retain that information for as long as is reasonably necessary to fulfil the activity requested, or as may be required by law.
The types of information we collect from you
We may collect and store the following types of personal information about you when you use our Digital Media or by corresponding with us (for example, by e-mail). This includes information you provide when registering to use our Digital Media, making any bookings or listings on the Digital Media or sharing any data via our social media functions. The information given to us may include:
- your name, your age, your address, the device's telephone number and your email address;
- the username, password and other registration information used on our Digital Media;
- information in connection with communications you send us, for example to report a problem or submit queries; and
- details of the functions and services you use on our Digital Media.
You can opt-out of certain uses of the personal information we collect from you or request that we stop processing this information in certain circumstances. For more information on how to opt-out, please click here
Automated collection of information
Each time you use our Digital Media, we may automatically collect the following types of information:
For example, the type of internet browser and operating system, the device's IMEI number, the MAC address of the device's wireless network interface, mobile network information and the time zone setting. We use this information to help provide a good user experience on our Digital Media.
For example, the details of the use of our Digital Media by you, the visits to our Digital Media, traffic data, location data and weblogs. We use this information to help us understand how users use our Digital Media and to improve user experience.
What are cookies
Cookies are text files containing small amounts of information which are downloaded to your device when you visit a website or download mobile application software. Cookies are then sent back to the originating website or application during your browsing session or on each subsequent visit, or to another website that recognises that cookie. The cookies we set do lots of different jobs, like help us to improve our Digital Media and deliver a better and more personalised service, remember your preferences, and generally improve the user experience. You can find more information about cookies at http://www.allaboutcookies.org/.
Cookies can be categorised in accordance with the categories found in the ICC UK cookie guide as set out below:
Strictly necessary cookies – these cookies are essential in order to enable you to move around a website or application and use its features and enable services you have specifically asked for. Consent is not generally required for these cookies.
Performance cookies – these cookies collect information about how visitors use a website or application (for example, by recording which pages or features visitors use most often (usually on an anonymous basis)).
Functionality cookies - these cookies allow a website or application to remember the choices a user makes, such as a user name or language preference.
Targeting or advertising cookies - these cookies collect information about a user's browsing habits and are usually placed by advertising networks with the website or application operator’s permission.
Cookies can also be categorised in accordance with how long they are saved on your device: "session cookies" are short-term cookies that are only saved on the device's memory for the duration of a user's visit to the website or application, whereas "persistent cookies" remain saved in the device's memory for a set period of time, even after the browser session has ended.
The cookies we use
The following cookies are set on our Digital Media:
These cookies help us to understand how visitors use our Digital Media. We use the information to compile reports and to help us improve the Digital Media. The cookies collect information in an anonymous form on numbers of visitors to the Digital Media, where visitors to the Digital Media have arrived from and which pages of the Digital Media they visit.
Session and Persistent (up to 2 years)
To opt-out of Google Analytics: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
This cookie is used to assign visitors to instances of the web application that are running. This enables us to manage traffic on the Digital Media.
Expires at the end of a visitor's session.
This cookie is used to identify a visitor's session with the Digital Media.
Strictly necessary cookie.
Expires at the end of a visitor's session.
This cookie is used to enable socket.io connection functionality to the Digital Media.
Expires at the end of a visitor's session.
This cookie is used for authenticating a visitor with the Digital Media after they have successfully logged on. This cookie collects encrypted visitor sign-up information.
Strictly necessary cookie.
This cookie expires after 7 days.
This cookie is used to enhance the visitor's experience on the Digital Media. This cookie collects the visitor's e-mail address.
Expires after 7 days.
Expires after 12 weeks.
Refusing or restricting cookies
You may refuse to accept cookies by activating the setting on your browser which allows you to refuse the setting of cookies. The "Help" or "Internet Settings" functions within your browser should tell you how. Alternatively, you may wish to visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/ which contains detailed information on cookies and how to delete, restrict or block them on a wide variety of browsers. For information on how to do this on the browser of your mobile phone you will need to refer to your handset manual.
Please be aware that if you select to refuse or restrict cookies you may be unable to access certain parts of our Digital Media.
Use of Collected Information
Our primary purpose in collecting user information is to provide you with a safe, smooth, efficient and customised experience and to provide the services you have requested. We may also use the information that you have provided to ensure that the content on our Digital Media is presented in the most effective manner for you and your device and to allow you to participate in any features on our Digital Media when you choose to do so.
By using our Digital Media and providing your personal information, you agree that we may use your personal information to:
- provide the services and customer support you request;
- resolve disputes and troubleshoot problems;
- manage, customise and improve our services and content;
- tell you about our services and provide you with targeted marketing, service updates, and promotional offers based on your communication preferences;
- allow selected third parties to provide you with information about goods or services we think may interest you. If you are an existing user of our services, we will only contact with information about services similar to those we provide. If you are a new user of our services, our third parties may contact you if you have consented to this. If you do not want us to pass your information to third parties for marketing purposes, you can let us know here; and
- compare information for accuracy and verify it with third parties.
Disclosure of Personal Information
We may disclose personal information to provide our services, respond to legal requirements, enforce our policies and protect our rights and property. The personal information you provide to us may also be shared with affiliated companies if this is necessary to provide you with our services, respond to your inquiries or for any other related purposes.
We may also share your personal information with:
- other companies we have instructed to provide services for us, including payment collection or service providers;
- other third parties for those purposes that may be reasonably ascertained from the circumstances in which the information was submitted;
- law enforcement agencies, other governmental agencies or third parties if we are required by law to do so, or in other limited circumstances (for example if required by a court order or regulatory authority, or if we believe that such action is necessary to prevent fraud or cyber-crime or to protect our Digital Media, our technology assets or the rights, property or personal safety of any person); and
- other business entities should we plan to merge with or be acquired by that business entity, or if we undergo a re-organisation with that entity.
Security and storage of your information
Although we maintain physical, electronic, and administrative safeguards to protect your personal information from unauthorised or inappropriate access, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to us or provided though our Digital Media.
Certain features of our Digital Media will allow for social networking. You should ensure when using these features that you do not submit any personal data that you do not want to be sent, collected or used by other users, such as profile details or e-mail address. To help keep your information secure, you should always log out of the Digital Media properly, especially on a shared device.
If you provide us with personal information, you will be given a choice at the time to "opt out" of certain uses we may intend (such as sending you newsletters, updated information about us, our services and offers) by checking or un-checking (as directed) the relevant box.
You also have the option of "unsubscribing" from our mailing list for newsletters, alerts and updates at any time, thereby disabling any further such e-mail communication from being sent to you. To unsubscribe just send an e-mail to email@example.com with the word 'remove' in the subject line and the email address that you wish to be removed within the email. In addition, each electronic mailing we send you will contain details of how you can unsubscribe.
Please note that it may take up to 28 days to action your request.
Belle House, Platform 1, Victoria Station, London, SW1V 1JT
Changes to this Policy